There are 27 Cochrane Review Groups covering neurology in their scope. Preparing and maintaining high-quality systematic reviews requires significant international effort. We are always looking for people who would like to contribute to this important work.
Some of the ways you can get involved are by:
- Becoming a reviewer yourself or by actively seeking other researchers/healthcare professionals to contribute to a Cochrane Review Group by either preparing a review or coordinating a small group to undertake a systematic review
- Becoming a peer reviewer and helping to improve the quality of Cochrane systematic reviews in neurology by peer reviewing protocols and reviews prior to publication on The Cochrane Library
- Providing advice and support to others on methodological issues if you are already experienced in conducting systematic reviews
- Helping to search for the evidence by handsearching journals, conference proceedings, etc., particularly in languages other than English
- Offering consumer input to protocols of planned reviews if you are a neurological patient yourself
- Improving the accessibility of Cochrane neurological systematic reviews to a wider neurological community by promoting the Cochrane Neurological Network and the work of the Cochrane Collaboration at meetings, seminars, etc.
- Providing translation services for any languages in which you are proficient
- Organizing workshops in collaboration with local neurological societies
- Writing summaries of neurological systematic reviews for publication
Additionally, the Cochrane Neurological Network encourages comments and criticism of Cochrane reviews and welcomes suggestions for new review topics from outside entities and individuals. This is an important step in ensuring the quality of the work, because the Cochrane Neurological Network actively encourages neurologists and neurosurgeons to implement the results of Cochrane reviews in their practice and encourages those interested in becoming involved with the Cochrane Collaboration to participate in reviews with neurological Cochrane Review Groups. Among other things, these efforts are intended to strengthen the liaison between the Cochrane Collaboration and the neurological community.
If you would like to become involved in the work of the Cochrane Neurological Network, please click here to complete our online volunteer form, or, if you prefer, contact us at:
Cochrane Neurological Network
Dipartimento di Scienze Neurologiche
Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico
Universita’ degli Studi di Milano
Via F. Sforza, 35
Tel.:+39 0255033831 or +39 0250320434
Email: [email protected]